The Philadelphia Business Journal recently named Jenkintown, Pa. one of the best suburbs for young professionals in the Philadelphia area for 2019.
Salus University’s Elkins Park campus sits on the edge of Jenkintown and is where many Salus students live during their time as students.
So, how did Jenkintown, earn the 11th spot out of over 300 other cities in the Greater Philadelphia area? Jenkintown offers a variety of housing options, a low crime rate and a diverse community. Not only is it a train-ride away from the numerous restaurants in Center City, but it also has many local attractions to keep people of all ages occupied – including students.
Salus students have corralled just a few of the popular places in the area that keep them loving Jenkintown:
- The Drake Tavern – come here with friends to enjoy drink and app specials while you watch the big game
- The Wet Whistle Bar and Grill – don’t miss Trivia Wednesdays, 50 cent wing Thursdays, live music on Friday evenings, and specials every day of the week
- Neshaminy Creek Brewing’s Borough Brewhouse – the cherry hibiscus wheat ale and the beer-can nachos are like nothing you have ever tasted
- Senior Salsa –the best frozen margaritas in town
- Sushi House – every type of sushi you can imagine
- Sprinkles Ice Cream Shoppe – the graham cracker ice cream won’t disappoint
- White Horse Coffee & Creamery – the perfect place for a study date
- Sweetly Scooped Ice Cream – the only place you can try four different flavors in an ice cream flight
Places and Activities
- Wissahickon Valley Park – take advantage of nice weather by going hiking on this nearby trail
- Tacony Creek Park – come here for beautiful creek views and native flora
- Willow Grove Mall – browse over 120 stores and restaurants
- Abington Art Center – take art classes, view the galleries, and enjoy free music concerts in the summer
- Hiway Theater – screen new releases and classics – and Bradley Cooper was known to frequent the Hiway during his childhood in Jenkintown
- Tour Beth Sholom Synagogue – the only synagogue designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Piazza on the Square – It’s Jenkintown’s downtown shopping and dining destination
- The Goldbergs Tour – Take the tour of Jenkintown and its surrounding communities based off of the childhood of ABC’s The Goldbergs creator Adam Goldberg
- Maya is an optometry student at Salus University
Learn More About Salus University